#OneGreenChange is Greener Tywyn’s debut project. Our goal is to encourage individuals to make one change to their daily lifestyle that can have a positive impact on the environment. Small actions count. Here is a simple list to start with.
- Bring your own shopping bags: plastic bags take a long time to break down and are dangerous to wildlife. Taking reusable bags to shops is a simple yet effective way of helping the environment.
- Carry a reusable water bottle: plastic bottles are one of the main kinds of rubbish found in our seas and on our beaches. Why not carry a small glass bottle or re-usable canteen instead?
- Bring your own reusable cup: and encourage your workplace to use ceramic/reusable mugs instead of disposable cups.
- Pack your lunch in reusable containers: choose to pack a waste-free lunch for work, school, and travel.
- Avoid using straws and plastic cutlery: straws are among the most common single-use plastic items you can find on the beach – not to mention the most dangerous to wildlife. Saying no to them costs nothing!
- Use a bar of soap rather than a liquid soap: it lasts longer and usually comes wrapped in paper that can be recycled!
- Let’s keep Tywyn beach clean: whenever you walk along the beach, make the effort to pick up three pieces of plastic rubbish. It’s a small gesture and if everybody started to do it, our beach would be clean.