The group’s name is GREENER TYWYN GWYRDD.
B. THE PURPOSES OF THE GROUP ARE :
Our mission is to act as an instrument of positive environmental change in the Dyfi and Dysynni valleys. We are a non-profit voluntary group intent upon raising awareness of and encouraging action to support environmentally sustainable solutions against global climate change. We aim to foster the well-being of future generations by engaging and working alongside our local communities.
C. CARRYING OUT THE PURPOSES
In order to carry out the purposes, the Committee has the power to :
- raise funds, receive grants and donations
- buy or sell property, take on leases and employ staff
- co-operate with and support other groups with similar purposes
- do anything else within the law which is necessary to achieve the purposes
The Committee may admit to membership £5.00 anybody aged 18 and over who supports the purposes of the group. People who wish to become a member should apply to the Committee. Membership lasts for 1 year and may be renewed. The Committee will keep an up to date membership list in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation.
The Committee may expel someone from membership, provided it is in the best interest of the group to do so, and they are given the right to be heard by the Committee before the decision is made. They can be accompanied by a friend.
E. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – AGM
- The AGM must be held every year, with 14 days notice given to all members telling
them what is on the agenda.
- There must be at least seven members present at the AGM.
- The Committee shall present the annual report and accounts.
- Any member may be nominated (by another member) to be an officer for the group (Chair/Secretary/Treasurer). Any member may be nominated for election as a Committee member at the AGM.
- Every member has one vote.
- Members shall elect between 3 and 10 members to the Committee. They will retire at the next AGM and may stand for re-election.
- The Committee shall hold at least 3 meetings each year. They will elect a chair, treasurer and secretary at their first meeting.
- At least 3 Committee members must be at a committee meeting to be able to take decisions by consensus. Minutes shall be kept for every meeting.
- The Committee must keep accounts which may be viewed by any member on request.
- During the year, the Committee may appoint up to 2 extra members on to the Committee who will stand down at the next AGM but are eligible for re-election.
- The Committee may make reasonable additional rules for the proper conduct and management of the group. These rules must not conflict with this constitution or the law.
- Funds must be held in the group’s bank account. All cheques must be signed by 2 Committee members.
- Funds cannot be used to pay Committee members except to refund legitimate expenses.
- Funds and property must only be used for the purposes of the group.
H. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS
Special General Meetings may be called by the Committee for the following reasons. All members must be given 14 days notice and told what change is proposed.
- Changing the Constitution – The constitution may be changed by a two thirds majority of members present and voting at a Special General Meeting.
- Emergency Special General Meetings – to allow the members to decide on important issues.
- Winding up – the group may be wound up by a two thirds majority of members present and voting at a Special General Meeting. Any money or property remaining after payment of debts must be given to a group with similar (charitable) purposes.
J. SETTING UP THE GROUP
This constitution was adopted on Friday 16th March 2018 by the people whose names appear below. They will be the Committee until the first AGM, which must be held within one year of this date.
- Christine Broster
- Heather Broster
- Mathieu Gasquet
- Heather Garrett
- Richard Garrett
- Joanna Louise Houseman
- Liz Hutchinson
- Sara Waddington
Minutes of committee meetings
- Thursday 24th October 2019
- Friday 12th July 2019
- Friday 14th June 2019
- Friday 10th May 2019
- Friday 12th April 2019
- Friday 29th March 2019 (AGM)
- Friday 15th February 2019
- Friday 8th February 2019
- Friday 11th January 2019
- Friday 16th November 2018
- Friday 20th July 2018
- Friday 19th June 2018
- Friday 11th May 2018
- Friday 13th April 2018
- Friday 16th March 2018
- Friday 9th March 2018
- Thursday 11th January 2018